Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pork Adobo


I have been searching recipes for Adobo Chicken/Pork and none I found online seem to do justice to what I remember my Filipino friend serving.  So I decided to take a crack at what I remember. 

Yield: 5 servings, plus leftovers

5 pork chops
1 tbs coconut or peanut oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 cups rice vinegar
 4 large green chilies
2 large tomatoes
1 large onion
3 tbs fresh minced garlic
2 bay leaves
fresh cracked black pepper to taste
pinch of sugar

Heat oil in large, deep skillet or dutch oven.  Cook pork chops until browned on both sides.  Remove from skillet.  Using a fork, "scrub" the pan to pull up all the crispy bits.  Add soy sauce,  chopped vegetables garlic and bay leaves.  Simmer until onions are soft.  Return pork to pan and add vinegar and sugar.   Simmer until pork is falling apart and sauce has thickened.  Add pepper to taste.  Serve over brown rice.


No comments: