Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spaghetti Pie

This is my MIL's recipe, and it's a family favorite.

Prep:
Yield: 8 Servings

8 oz spaghetti, cooked & drained
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 broken egg
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
8 oz sour cream
1 lb browned ground beef
1 can spaghetti sauce
garlic & oregano to taste
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread noodles in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread beaten egg over the top and sprinkle with salt, pepper, & Parmesan cheese. Layer ground beef on top of this. Season spaghetti sauce to taste with garlic & oregano, spread over ground beef and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.

Tips & Tricks:
I make this using leftover Pasta Alfredo instead of the spaghetti and omit the egg, sour cream, and Parmesan cheese. It turns leftovers into a brand new & delicious meal!

4 comments:

ChicagoMama said...

when do you put in the sour cream?

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Oops, sorry. You spread it over the casserole right before you layer the ground beef.

ChicagoMama said...

that's what I thought -- made it tonight. So good! If I add an egg, do you think it would help the noodles stick together more? They were kinda loose...but still delicious. :-)

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I have wondered the same thing. Last time I made it, I used 2 eggs, but it didn't seem to make a difference.