Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spaghetti Pie

This is my MIL's recipe, and it's a family favorite.

Prep:
Yield: 8 Servings

8 oz spaghetti, cooked & drained
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 broken egg
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
8 oz sour cream
1 lb browned ground beef
1 can spaghetti sauce
garlic & oregano to taste
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread noodles in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread beaten egg over the top and sprinkle with salt, pepper, & Parmesan cheese. Layer ground beef on top of this. Season spaghetti sauce to taste with garlic & oregano, spread over ground beef and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.

Tips & Tricks:
I make this using leftover Pasta Alfredo instead of the spaghetti and omit the egg, sour cream, and Parmesan cheese. It turns leftovers into a brand new & delicious meal!

4 comments:

Momma Bear said...

when do you put in the sour cream?

Jen said...

Oops, sorry. You spread it over the casserole right before you layer the ground beef.

Momma Bear said...

that's what I thought -- made it tonight. So good! If I add an egg, do you think it would help the noodles stick together more? They were kinda loose...but still delicious. :-)

Jen said...

I have wondered the same thing. Last time I made it, I used 2 eggs, but it didn't seem to make a difference.