Friday, July 6, 2007

You Say Tomato, I Say Tomahto

It's getting to be the time of year when backyard vegetable gardens runneth over with produce, especially tomatoes! Years ago, my inlaws had such success with their tomato plants that they passed along a lot of extras to us. To avoid the produce spoiling before we could eat it, I started making homemade pasta sauce and freezing it. It was easy work, and I stocked up enough that we didn't have to buy jarred sauce all winter. It has become something I do every summer.

So share with us! What are some of your favorite ways to use tomatoes? Do you have a really fantastic sauce recipe?

Leave us a comment so we know you are participating, and a link to your blog if you have one. All recipes will be given a special tag for this sharefest! I'm looking forward to some new and exciting ways to use tomatoes.

2 comments:

retha said...

Something wrong over there by me, I can't post anything.

I make tomato chutney with boiled eggs and roti. A meal.

When I have a lot of tomatoes I put it in the blender without the skin and freeze it just like that. Use it however I feel like it later.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Hi Retha!

I have a recipe for salsa that is great for tomatoes en masse...I'll be posting it asap.