I found this recipe at TuscanRecipes.com, and it claims to be the original recipe from the restaurant. I'm putting it on the menu to serve on a chilly autumn night.
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1½ tsp crushed red peppers
- 1 large diced white onion
- 4 Tbsp bacon pieces
- 2 tsp garlic puree
- 10 cups water
- 5 cubes of chicken bouillon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb sliced Russet potatoes, or about 3 large potatoes
- ¼ of a bunch of kale
- Sautee Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
- In the same pan, sautee bacon, onions and garlic for approxiamtly 15 mins. or until the onions are soft.
- Mix together the chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions, bacon and garlic. Cook until boiling.
- Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
- Add heavy cream and cook until thoughouly heated.
- Stir in the sausage.
- Add kale just before serving.