Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken

Prep: 10 minutes
Bake or Crock Pot: 6-8 Hours
Yield: Serves 6

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
salt & pepper to taste
Garlic Powder to taste

Rinse chicken and sprinkle with salt, pepper & garlic powder. Mix undiluted soup; pour over chicken in crock pot. Cook on LOW (200-250 degrees) all day (6-8 hours). Serve over egg noodles.

Tips & Tricks:
I never stock cheese soup in my kitchen so I substitute 1/2 cup non fat sour cream & 1 cup grated cheddar. I like to add 1 cup milk also, and in the last 1/2 hour of cooking throw in a couple handfuls of uncooked egg noodles. I usually use fresh garlic in all my cooking. Since the chicken is slow cooked, it will be falling apart into bite size chunks on its own.

How Kids Can Help:
Kids can blend the soups (or soup, sour cream, milk, & cheese) together.

Make it Healthier:
Use sodium reduced soups. Add veggies such as broccoli in the last half hour of cooking.

No comments: