Friday, June 8, 2007

Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns

4 1/2 cups warm water
3/4 cup honey
2 tbs yeast
9 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tbs salt
2 eggs

Combine water, shortening, honey, eggs, and salt in mixer. Add 5 cups flour. Knead on low speed until well blended. Add the remaining flour. Beat on low for 10 minutes. Put dough in large bowl and raise until double. Roll out dough and cut into biscuits with a large circle cutter. Place on greased cookie sheets and bake at 375 degrees until done.

Miscellaneous:
I'm sorry this recipe is so cryptic, with no yield or bake time information. This is a recipe from my mom's cousin Patrice and I have never made it. I just discovered it today, and I love that it is free of refined sugar, refined flour, trans fat, etc etc. I'm sure from the quantity of flour it makes a large quantity of buns, which can be frozen until you are ready to use them.

No comments: