Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Ding Dong Cake AKA Chocolate Dream Cake


This recipe is from Riverbend Ramblings, and I can't wait to try it!

1 box Devil's Food cake mix
1 tub chocolate fudge frosting
1 8 oz. tub whipped topping (I use Cool Whip Light--it still tastes the same.)
1 box white chocolate instant pudding mix


Prepare the cake mix as directed on the package for 8" or 9" round cake pans. Allow the layers to cool completely.

Fold the pudding mix into the whipped topping. Spread the topping on one of the cake layers. Place the other cake layer on top.
Microwave the tub of frosting until it stirs easily. All microwaves heat differently, but it should take 30-60 seconds. Pour the frosting over the cake. I let it drizzle all down the sides.

Tips & Tricks:
The picture above actually came from here. My cake turns out pretty much the same, but I usually just let the frosting drizzle down over the sides of the cake so that the white filling can still be seen. There's also a recipe for this cake made totally from scratch, but I'm all for shortcuts if the end result tastes great. :) I use a Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker mix, as they seem more moist to me than the store brand mix. You can use whatever you prefer.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Looks yummy! My grandson loves chocolate cake :)